Note on Current Employment Status
In Feb 2019 I decided to leave RB and take some time off to ski, rock climb, and road trip across the US. At the same time I re-located myself to Seattle. As of May, I’m living in the Seattle area while searching for work. I’m available to start on new opportunities immediately.
Reckitt Benckiser – Senior Associate Engineer, 2016-2019
Associate Engineer – 2012-2016
- Led early stage product design ideation and prototyping. Design parts, operate 3D printers, and test prototypes daily. Primary brands worked on included Lysol, Harpic, Dettol.
- Managed global product development of multimillion dollar projects through factory acceptance testing, interfacing with designers, internal stakeholders, consumer research, foreign factories, suppliers, external agencies etc.
- Created timelines, BOMS, COGS sheets, success criteria, risk assessments, line trial reports, other stage gate documentation
- Focused on projects solving mechanical design problems e.g. wipes perforation consistent separation, fluid spraying at extremely low cost, disposable head toilet brush.
- Conducted design research, including a four week immersion in India
Roughing 360 – Cofounder, CEO
- Formed company that offers a service to home and commercial builders.
- 360 Photograph documentation of under construction homes and create cloud based as-built documentation
- Taught myself the necessary skills to offer the service such as Web hosting basics, virtual tour creation, 360 photography.
Smart Design – Design Engineer Intern
- Participated in all aspects of the design process. User research, brainstorming, prototyping, refining, presentations.
- From a 4 months stint, two products that I worked on made it to market: OXO Cold Brew Coffee Maker, and OXO Shower Curtain Clips.
Nike Digital Sport – Product Engineer Internship
- Designed new watchbands considering the user, manufacturing, and design language.
- Built “concept car” compression shirt and designed corresponding experience.
- Assisted in QA testing and design of QA testing machine.
- Designed social media experience for retail employees in a cross-functional team. Project ranked 2nd out of 19 teams.
Bucknell University – Research Associate
2008 – 2010
- Designed, tested compliant robotic fish. FEA simulations of thin film nano grippers. Statically balanced compliant mechanisms design and testing.
Masters of Science in Engineering Design and Innovation
Class of 2011
Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering
Class of 2010
Certified Solidworks Professional
Certified Solidworks Professional – Surfacing
Corporate Sponsored School Projects
Kohl Children’s Museum – Service Design
Analyzed service experiences of visitors. Designed New Exhibit intended to move visitors to under used areas.
Nike – Interaction Design
New concept design for super top secret project. Designed experience, created functional prototypes, shot an advertisement for it.
Proctor and Gamble – Sanitary Pad Innovation
New product design for Always brand sanitary pad. Completed user interviews. Designed a pad that uses a drawstring to roll neatly and cleanly.
Aptar Group – Design Research, Ethnography
Researched hair care products bottle usage and feelings. Interviewed users, conducted shop along, empathy experiences.
Clarion Research Group – VeinStay LED
Designed and fabricated a new medical device to facilitate venipunture for drawing blood. Led process from need to functional prototype. Device boosts first-stick success rate from 60% to 95%.